Data/AI Scientist (m/f)
About B12 Consulting
- Do you think outside the box? At B12 Consulting, we do! We are a service company, with deep expertise in custom software development built around AI. Our mission is to develop innovative AI solutions to solve the most critical challenges of our clients, of all sizes and in all sectors. Our headquarters are based in Belgium, where our team has a scientific DNA, strong problem-solving skills, and has already led more than 400 high impact projects in Belgium and internationally. Building on our success, we are now opening a brand new office in Montenegro.
- You are part of a growing team of talented developers, data engineers and data scientists based in Belgium, who have already successfully completed consulting engagements for renowned Clients in various industries (energy, automotive, drones, pharmaceutical, healthcare, chemicals, mobility, environment, etc.) from small to large-sized companies.
- You design and develop the best IT solutions for our Clients, using mainly top notch Open Source programming technologies.
- You analyse available data by leveraging advanced data processing and statistical techniques, and help defining new data needs and collection strategies.
- You design, build and improve machine learning algorithms using most recent technologies in AI (Transformer based language models, image recognition/segmentation models, reinforcement learning algorithms, …) . You actively contribute to the deployment of those algorithms to production environments in close collaboration with our software development teams.
- You help your team in understanding, structuring and challenging our Clients' needs by participating in various business development and iteration meetings.
- You learn every day in the context of different projects. You leverage coaching from more experienced colleagues and also share your experience and skills with your colleagues (pair programming).
- You take in charge the organisation of your daily work, leveraging different management tools and reporting directly to Project Managers.
- You are regularly in contact with Client representatives (face-to-face meetings, emails, phone calls) to present the latest results or advances of the solutions we develop.
- You hold a Master's degree in STEM (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.).
- You have a proven experience applying robust data processing and analysis techniques (descriptive statistics, statistical tests, regression, visualisation, etc.) to answer complex scientific and/or business questions.
- You are familiar with concepts of both “classical” machine learning (SVM, Decision Trees, clustering, etc.) and more advanced techniques (deep learning, NLP, image recognition, etc.), and willing to learn (a lot) more.
- You have experience in programming and you are at least familiar with the Python programming language and the associated toolkit (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks, etc.).
- You are familiar with essential data access techniques (e.g., text file manipulation, SQL queries, etc.) and you might have an experience using NoSQL databases or Big Data computing technologies (Hadoop/Spark).
- You are willing to learn new technologies and improve existing technical skills. You are looking for a nurturing professional environment offering you this opportunity.
- You have operational knowledge of macOS and/or GNU/Linux.
- You are familiar with standard coding tools (Git, IDEs, etc.).
- You have very good communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- You can be described as an analytical-minded person. You are curious and want to understand how things work beneath the surface.
- You can collaborate with different types of persons, but at the same time feel ready to defend your own point of view and values.
- You are pragmatic, organized and flexible at work. You can handle your own tasks, but know when and how to ask for help or additional information whenever necessary.
- You pay attention to details, and you are always striving for excellence.
- A first experience in professional backend or front-end development (as an employee, intern, or as a member of the Open Source community…) is not mandatory, but is valued.
- A PhD degree is not necessarily required but is considered a strong asset.
- You have knowledge of more specialized data science libraries such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow or Pytorch.
- You have demonstrated experience in building, evaluating or deploying AI models.
Good initial salary package
- Teleworking on request
- High quality Apple laptop
- Smartphone with voice/data subscription
- Company performance based bonus
Amazing work environment
- Exciting, high impact projects based on cutting edge AI technologies!
- Family-like team spirit
- Horizontal Management
- Flexible work schedules
- Periodic afterwork events sponsored by B12
- Annual team buildings
- No non-sense policy
Opportunities and ambitions
- Fast growing company with the ambition to keep developing itself
- Possibility (not an obligation) to travel abroad for short to longer duration stays
- Clear career path, from Analyst Developer to Project Manager or Technical Expert
- Unique opportunities to develop your technical and management skills daily
- Continuous learning (pair programming sessions, knowledge sharing meetings, coaching/mentoring)
- Accessible partnership after several years in the company
- If you are interested in this role, please send your application letter and resume by email to Mrs. Julie Hortulanus, firstname.lastname@example.org.