Junior AI Developer (m/f)
About B12 Consulting
- Do you think outside the box? At B12 Consulting, we do! We are a service company, with deep expertise in custom software development built around AI. Our mission is to develop innovative AI solutions to solve the most critical challenges of our clients, of all sizes and in all sectors. Our headquarters are based in Belgium, where our team has a scientific DNA, strong problem-solving skills, and has already led more than 400 high impact projects in Belgium and internationally. Building on our success, we are now opening a brand new office in Montenegro.
- You are part of a growing team of talented developers, data engineers and data scientists based in Louvain-la-Neuve and in Brussels, who have already successfully completed consulting engagements for renowned Clients in various industries (energy, automotive, drones, pharmaceutical, healthcare, chemicals, mobility, environment, etc.) from small to large-sized companies.
- You design and develop the best IT solutions for our Clients, using mainly top notch Open Source programming technologies.
- You learn every day in the context of different projects. You leverage coaching from more experienced colleagues and also share your skills with your colleagues (pair programming).
- You take charge of organising your daily work, leveraging different management tools and reporting directly to Project Managers.
- You have interest for consulting activities. More specifically, you help your team in understanding, structuring and challenging our Clients' needs by participating in various business development and iteration meetings.
- You are also requested to understand the whole context of projects, involving front-end and database oriented tasks up to scope definition and application architecting.
- You are regularly in contact with Client representatives (face-to-face meetings, emails, phone calls) to present the latest results or advances of the solutions we develop.
- You hold at least a Master's degree in STEM (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.).
- You are willing to learn new technologies and improve existing technical skills. You are looking for a nurturing professional environment offering you this opportunity.
- You have operational knowledge of macOS and/or GNU/Linux.
- You are familiar with standard coding tools (Git, IDEs, etc.).
- You have very good communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- You can be described as an analytical-minded person. You are curious and want to understand how things work beneath the surface.
- You can collaborate with different types of persons, but at the same time feel ready to defend your own point of view and values.
- You are pragmatic, organized and flexible at work. You can handle your own tasks, but know when and how to ask for help or additional information whenever necessary.
- You pay attention to details, and you are always striving for excellence.
- A first experience in professional backend or front-end development (as an employee, intern, or as a member of the Open Source community…) is not mandatory, but is valued.
- Experience with using large language models (e.g. via APIs)
- A PhD degree is not necessarily required but is considered an asset.
Good initial salary package
- Teleworking on request
- High quality Apple laptop
- Smartphone with voice/data subscription
- Company performance based bonus
Amazing work environment
- Family-like team spirit
- Horizontal Management
- Flexible work schedules
- Periodic afterwork events sponsored by B12
- Annual team buildings
- No non-sense policy
Opportunities and ambitions
- Fast growing company with the ambition to keep developing itself
- Possibility (not an obligation) to travel abroad for short to longer duration stays
- Clear career path, from Analyst Developer to Project Manager or Technical Expert
- Unique opportunities to develop your technical and management skills daily
- Continuous learning (pair programming sessions, knowledge sharing meetings, coaching/mentoring)
- Accessible partnership after several years in the company
- If you are interested in this role, please send your application letter and resume by email to Mrs. Julie Hortulanus, email@example.com.