Junior Software Developer (m/f)
About B12 Consulting
- Do you think outside the box? At B12 Consulting, we do! We are a services company, expert in custom software development, data science and AI. Our mission is to develop innovative IT solutions to solve the most critical challenges of our clients, of all sizes and in all sectors. Based in Louvain-la-Neuve and in Brussels, our team has a scientific DNA, strong problem solving skills and has already led more than 400 projects in Belgium and internationally.
- You are part of a growing team of talented developers, data engineers and data scientists based in Louvain-la-Neuve and in Brussels, who have already successfully completed consulting engagements for renowned Clients in various industries (energy, automotive, drones, pharmaceutical, healthcare, chemicals, mobility, environment, etc.) from small to large-sized companies.
- You design and develop the best IT solutions for our Clients, using mainly top notch Open Source programming technologies.
- You learn every day in the context of different projects. You leverage coaching from more experienced colleagues and also share your skills with your colleagues (pair programming).
- You take in charge the organisation of your daily work, leveraging different management tools and reporting directly to Project Managers.
- You have interest for consulting activities. More specifically, you help your team in understanding, structuring and challenging our Clients' needs by participating in various business development and iteration meetings.
- You are also requested to understand the whole context of projects, involving front-end and database oriented tasks up to scope definition and application architecting.
- You are regularly in contact with Client representatives (face-to-face meetings, emails, phone calls) to present the latest results or advances of the solutions we develop.
- You hold a Master's degree in STEM (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.).
- You are willing to learn new technologies and improve existing technical skills. You are looking for a nurturing professional environment offering you this opportunity.
- You have operational knowledge of macOS and/or GNU/Linux.
- You are familiar with standard coding tools (Git, IDEs, etc.).
- You have very good communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- You can be described as an analytical-minded person. You are curious and want to understand how things work beneath the surface.
- You can collaborate with different types of persons, but at the same time feel ready to defend your own point of view and values.
- You are pragmatic, organized and flexible at work. You can handle your own tasks, but know when and how to ask for help or additional information whenever necessary.
- You pay attention to details, and you are always striving for excellence.
- A first experience in professional backend or front-end development (as an employee, intern, or as a member of the Open Source community…) is not mandatory, but is valued.
- A PhD degree is not necessarily required but is considered an asset.
- Passive or active knowledge of French or Dutch.
Good initial salary package
- Copyrights allowance
- Representation fees
- Meal vouchers
- Hospitalisation insurance including free medical appointments
- Team bonus
- Bike leasing opportunity
- Teleworking on request
- Seniority holidays
- High quality Apple laptop
- Smartphone with voice/data subscription
Amazing work environment
- Family-like team spirit
- Horizontal Management
- Flexible work schedules
- Modern offices close to the city centre with easy access (train, bike or car)
- Afterwork every Friday offered by B12
- Team Building abroad
- Fresh fruits, delicious tea and coffee
- No non-sense policy
Opportunities and ambitions
- Fast growing company with the ambition to keep developing itself
- Possibility (not an obligation) to travel abroad for short to longer duration stays
- Clear career path, from Analyst Developer to Project Manager or Technical Expert
- Unique opportunities to develop your technical and management skills daily
- Continuous learning (pair programming sessions, knowledge sharing meetings, coaching/mentoring)
- Accessible partnership after several years in the company
- If you are interested in this role, please send your application letter and resume by email to Mrs. Camille Libert, firstname.lastname@example.org.
It has been proven that women are more likely to try to meet the majority of the criteria of a job announcement to apply for it. If you're ever in doubt about the match with your profile, we encourage you to contact us directly so that we can answer your questions. Just go for it!
Furthermore, the strength of our teams at B12 Consulting lies in its diversity. Your talent is more important than your gender, gender identity, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. We strive to provide an inclusive work environment and fair conditions, but also to have a lasting impact on society regarding matters of diversity, equity and inclusion.